Tuesday, May 28, 2013

TTT: Best Read in 2013 (so far...)


 
Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) I have read so many great books this year... The Book Thief
                                         But I think these are the best!
  1. Days of Blood and Starlight: True Story: Karou has one of the strangest upbringings you've ever heard. But it's only the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more she doesn't know.This series is wonderful so far. It could very well breach my favorite stories, as long as the last book stands up to the other two and concludes everything well. I am anxiously awaiting.  
  2. The Book Thief: A story of a young German girl in Nazi Germany circa WW2. This book is SAD. It is not easy to get through. And it is basically a necessary read for all living beings.
  3. The Phantom Tollbooth: Story of a young boy with no ambition and his journey figuring out the importance and fun of learning and trying. I can't believe no one exposed me to this when I was a child. My love of words could have begun so much younger. Anyway this is fun even as an adult.
 
The Phantom Tollbooth
 
What's your favorite story of the year?

2 comments:

  1. The Book Thief was on my favorites list too! It's absolutely magnificent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phantom Tollbooth!!! Yes!! I love this book!! Not only is it a great read for kids, but for adults and teens as well!! Love your list!!

    ReplyDelete