Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ten Books I want to give as gifts...



I wish people in my life loved literature as much as I do, but...
1. Connor: my fiance's son will do anything to get out of reading so I picked The Boxcar Children for him. Everyone I talked to, including the guys, loved these as kids.
2. Maddie: my fiance's neice has so many toys she doesn't know what to do with herself. I think the lessons in Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle would be perfect for her.
3. Shane: My Fiance who doesn't like reading anything fictional, I think, would be more open after trying American Gods.
4. Nikki: My cousin (I know I gave her a copy before that she didn't bring to college) should have the ultimate love books book, Fahrenheit 451.
5. Marissa: My cousin (Nikki's little sister) I want her to love words and Ella Minnow Pea ia a sweet story about words.

A new phase in life
6. Deacon: My best friend just had a baby and I think Love You Forever should be that little boy's first book.
7. Randy: The new dad (who I have gotten to read some great books) should have Shit My Dad Says because when I listened to the audio book I wished that guy was my dad.

I wish I could get a message across
8. Verna: I wish my fiance's mom would love learning and read Ella Minnow Pea, and then a lot of other books.
9. Claudia: I want my mother to realize the bad feelings you contribute to dont just go away when you stop talking about them, so I'd give her 13 Reasons Why.

I don't know who I would be without her.
10. For the person who made me love boks I would give Denise Anna Dressed in Blood because it was a favorite read this year and something different than I usually see on her (virtual) shelves.

*TBTB Top Ten Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. what a thoughtful list. I hope they all enjoy their books. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate how personal and thoughtful your list is. Thirteen Reasons Why is a powerful book and Anna Dressed in Blood was down right creepy! Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-H0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list! I wish people in my life loved books as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete