Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Winter TBR*



1. Hourglass: Currently reading, 2011 Debut. I bought it because of the cover, it was my favorite cover this year. So far the story is great, too. Emerson Cole thinks shes crazy when the phantoms come to haunt her. Then her brother hires someone from Hourglass. Michael is the most beautiful man she has ever seen and he'll help her see the truth of her abilities, as long as she helps him save the world.

2. Wither: Another 2011 Debut.Genetic mutations have made fertile women a commodity. This is the story of a girl that refuses to give in to becoming property.

3. Delirium: I actually bought this because of the hype from bloggers AND because I saw one with a cover just slightly different than all the others and I had to have it.

4. Wildefire: Another 2011 Debut, this will make more than 12 for me, but I love mythology and couldn't pass this one up. Ashline finds out she's more than the only Polynesian girl in school, she's a goddess.

5. Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide To NOT Reading: Inspired by a young man I know, in trying to battle his unwillingness to read I couldn't pass up this debut. I just finished it and it was hilarious, all the work the character goes through and pain he suffers to get out of reading. A lesson is to be learned here for many young people.


6. Name of the Star: Maureen Johnson is a must for me and this is about a run in with a Jack the Ripper copy-cat. Currently reading. Maureen delivers as always and this is already a top book of the year for me.

7. The Fault in Our Stars: John Green's newest novel of which he signed every pre-order. One of those is mine! Released in January.

8. Shiver: I have been reading her blog on a regular basis but have yet to read any of her books. This is is the first in a werewolf trilogy.

9. Will Grayson, Will Grayson: I've had this John Green/David Levithan collaboration.

10. Born Wicked: 2012 debut about witches.


*TBTB Top Ten Tuesday

15 comments:

  1. Name the Stars and Delirium should be on my list, too. There are so many good books out there!

    Anne@Headfullofbooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list. I want to read most of the ones on it. I am a new follower. =]
    Here is My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! You have so many books I love! Wither, Shiver, Delirium... What a good winter you have ahead of you!

    Ive now seen Born Wicked on 4 lists, and had not even heard of it until tonight! I feel so out of the loop. It's on my TBR list now!

    - Jana @ http://thatartsyreadergirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wither and Will Grayson, Will Grayson are both totally fabulous. I have Delirium on my shelf and need to get to it. As for The Fault In Our Stars, where do you need to pre-order to get it signed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know half of your list and I'll definitely have them on my list too. Delirium is really good as well as Hourglass.

    Totally love your list!

    Here's my Top Ten List
    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shiver is on my list too...
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesdays post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been seeing Born Wicked on many lists and will definitely have to check it out too. Will also be reading John Green's new book as I just adore his writing. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of good books on your list. Hope you enjoy!

    My Top Ten if you'd like to take a look: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/11/top-ten-books-on-my-tbr-list-for-winter.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Michael- welcome. Thank you for joining and I hope you enjoy your stay.
    @Jana- I know I'm a little behind getting to these, but I am trusting fellow bloggers that you're right.
    @Jana and Jan- As far as Born Wicked it is one of two 2012 debuts I've decided are a most. It sounds great.(The other is The Catastorphic History of You and Me.)
    @Kathy- TFIOS is promised to be signed if you pre-order from any Amazon world-wide, for sure. BUT John Green signed about 150,000 copies and is stating that ANYWHERE you pre-order should have a signiture. He did a few VLOGs about it on the VLOGbrothers youtube channel. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Name of the Star is a brilliant and creepy read. I loved it (but was so freaked out that I couldn't read it at night). Maureen is AWESOME.

    That having been said, you should definitely also read SHIVER. I LOVE that book and series and Maggie has a wonderful way of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some of my favorite books of 2011 on your list! Wither, Hourglass, Delirium, The Name of the Star... You will enjoy all of them! I am so excited for The Fault In Our Stars! It looks so good! Great list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  12. Born Wicked is on my list too! Drop everything and read Hourglass, it's amazing. Name of the Star and The Fault is in the Stars are on my TBR list, but they didn't make it on the list this week. Here are my picks http://wp.me/pzUn5-Gs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great List! So many books I've enjoyed, or that I'm dying to read. I especially can't wait for TFIOS!
    Em
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  14. @rockyriverteenlibrarian I am currently reading Hourglass

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shiver is a nice read ;)

    And I also need to start reading Delirium :) I guess it's time :)

    ReplyDelete