Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Top Ten Authors at MY Thanksgiving Table! *



Wow, a holiday full of good foods, free flowing wine, and glorious writers. When thinking about this I started with authors I had to have and added other favorites I though would blend in with the already established party. I also only invited those who I thought would be up for a light hearted, good time. So here is my Thanksgiving guest list.

1. Maureen Johnson -- I would love to discuss with her how thankful we are for the many types of post-it notes in the world. I love her books and her blog so she has got to be there.


2. Libba Bray -- A friend of Maureen's and another wonderful writer. Her Gemma Doyle series is extraordinary and her blog is hilarious (and a straight-forward bitch-slap in the face to anyone who pisses her off).

3. John Green -- A friend to the above and an extremely accomplished writer and Nerdfighter. Also I would love it if he brought along his whole family (brother, the wives, the parents, the baby, and even willie) for some awesome nerdfighter shenanigans.

4. Scott Westerfield  -- He's just so imaginative in his writing and he's another friend of Maureen, so I know he'll be a fun addition. Also, though I've never read her books, his wife, Justine Larbalestier, would be a very welcome addition.

5. Carrie Jones -- This woman has a shy but wonderfully friendly disposition which I got to know a bit when she chatted with me on myspace about being an author. Also she has some of the greatest book titles around.

6. Louise Rennison -- She wrote Confessions of Georgia Nickolson, she seems like the kind of person who could get the party started right.

7. Christopher Moore -- This guy is beyond funny and can talk vampires or god without losing that humor. I'm sure Christopher Moore could keep us laughing all night.

8. Stephanie Perkins -- I just love Anna and the French Kiss. And the way Ms. Perkin's describes food! I might ask her to bring something over or at least make suggestions because anyone that can me hungry when describing a grape has got to know her way around a kitchen**

9. Judy Blume -- This woman was a savior to me as a pre-teen, is an inspiration in everything she does, and, from what I've heard, she's a great dinner guest.

10. Maggie Stiefvater -- I haven't read any of her books yet but I discovered her blog during BBAW and love how genuine and wonderfully odd she is. I think she would make the perfect topper for this party.
 
 
*TBTB Top Ten Tuesday

**Or at least the best take-out in town.

3 comments:

  1. I loved Judy Blume growing up. :)
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Stephanie Perkins too! You have some really great authors here :) Here's mine: J’aime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie Stiefvater is one of the most engaging and funny people you will ever meet, I guarantee it. :)

    ReplyDelete