Monday, September 12, 2011

Ten Recommended by Bloggers*

Before I read Book Blogs I was a part of the BookDivas forum. The BookDivas gave me an outlet for my bookish ways and introduced me to the internet world of relationships bonded in bookish-nish. They introduced me to great books, great book challenges, and as a result the book blogger community. So I wanted to add the great books they led me to.

1. The Pretty Little Liars Series by Sara Shepard -- Somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me, I guess the secret is out now though. (I stopped after number four though because I didn't like the plot twist at the end. The series should have ended there, I think.)
2. The Gemma Doyle Series by Libba Bray -- The best fantasy I've come across. I was so swept up in these. Thank you Libba Bray, you are a queen of literature.

3. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold-- If you haven't read this you should, enough said.
4. Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson-- Was so much fun I soon after got addicted to Maureen Johnson. I've read a few more wonderful books she wrote and her blog (and coresponding posts about her post-it obession) is golden.

5. Finding Alaska by John Green-- I read on the recomendation of Maureen Johnson. John Green deserves every award he recieved for this. Finding Alaska was beautiful and shocking and inpacting. This is a don't miss book.

Also from Maureen and the BookDivas I was introduced to The Story Siren's epic yearly challenge that encourages us to support debuting authors. The Debut YA/MG Author Challenge has introduced me to some great books. I fully believe in supporting authors and keeping the book world supplying me with wonderous new reading options so I buy all my books new. This challenge has it all for me: a goal (12 debuts per year), a cause I love, and a huge selection of new writers to get exposed to. Through it I've found and loved:

6. You Are So Undead To Me by Stacey Jay (March 2009) -- I bought this one night and started reading it after dinner.  It was the perfect dessert. I couldn't sleep until I engulfed every bite.

7. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (March 2010) -- It starts out like Groundhog Day, but stick with it it's worthit. In fact read my review.

8. Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky (May 2011) -- This is a book I wish I wrote. I am actually in the middle of it but being in the technology feild I wish I could see more technology that works for us to bring us together instead of pulling us apart.

9. Divergent by Veronica Roth (May 2011) -- Wonderful take on dystopia. Great twists and beautiful word play. This was another one I couldn't put down.

AND this book was so promoted I thought it was too good to be true. The hype was rightly deserved. So thank you to all book bloggers for recommending

10. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

*TBTB Top Ten Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment