Tuesday, June 25, 2013

TTT: Best reads of the year 2013


I have read a LOT of great books this year, so this was very difficult!

Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)
1. Days of Blood & Starlight: (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) Fantasy about a generations old war between seraphim and chimera. This is becoming a favorite series of mine. Just waiting for the last installment.
The Book Thief

2. The Book Thief: If any of you haven't read this it is one of the best stories ever. This is the journey of a little German girl during WW2 as told by Death. It is extremely touching and well written. Review.
3. Let's Pretend This Never Happened: Jenny Lawson (The Bloggess)'s memior. This women can take any moment that would crush most of us and make it funny without taking out any of the emotion. This story makes me feel better. I have the audio book and I listen to part of it at least once a week. I've been down a lot lately and it's a great pick me up.
 
Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir

10 comments:

  1. The Book Thief made me cry so hard. I should really re-read it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Book Thief is a brilliant read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, I also loved The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard many great things about The Book Thief, but I still have to read it.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard a lot about The Book Thief but haven't had a chance to pick it up yet.

    My TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-books-ive-read-so-far-in-2013/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Exactly. I think "GAH MY HEART!" is the most poignant and perfectly worded review of The Book Thief I have seen! Love it!

      Delete
  7. Days of Blood & Starlight was amaaaaazing! I still need to read The Book Thief. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Book Thief!! I cried SO HARD! OMG, so much love for that book!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! Let's Pretend This Never Happened was fantastic.. so many laughs.. :) I'm interested in the Daughter of Smoke & Bone sequel.. I liked the first one but didn't LOVE it as much as everyone else.. I'm a bit curious to see where it's going tho.. and The Book Thief! OMG so many people have told me I need to read this!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT last week! :)

    Michele | TTT

    ReplyDelete